Saturday 10 August 2013

Introduction to Arran, Janice and Murray, and the 5 Ferries

Janice and I first met when we took part in a Bangkok to Singapore ride in January 2013.  We all got to know each other very well over the 14 days and 1250 miles, and hoped we would meet up again. Janice talked about her home island of Arran in Scotland, and  mentioned the 5 Ferries cycle, which I thought sounded really interesting and fun.  In  August 2013, I had the opportunity to visit Scotland, to meet up with Janice again, and to meet Janice's husband, Murray. We did the 5 Ferries, and also cycled round their lovely island. I had such a wonderful welcome and we shared our passion for cycling.  Another thing we also had in common is that we were used to cycling up hills regularly, me in Hong Kong and Janice of course on Arran.

I hope you enjoy reading about my visit to this lovely part of the world.



Janice and Murray at the top of the String, on Arran




No comments:

Post a Comment